domingo, 22 de junio de 2014

The best of both worlds? Yes, the best thing ever!!



In my opinion, there´s nothing that can get over a good novel and a cup of coffee during a cold rainy day. Well, that was before I had met this wonderful graphic novel launched by Marvel, YES!, Marvel, and I have to tell you, there´s nothing else in the world that I want right now than having this book in my hands, well, there´s something ( to pass all the courses this semester). Here you have a new adaptation of the classic novel written by Jane Austen but in a new format to get to a new kind of public. Nancy Butler featuring Hugo Petrus made the adaptation of this piece of art and transformed it into a new colourful representation of Elizabeth Benet´s world.


"This project has been like a dream for me as a writer and as a former graphic designer- not only am I adapting a book I love, I am doing it in the one forum, comics, where words and pictures carry equal weight" Nancy Butler, two-time winner and multiple RT Reviewer´s Choice winner in Regency.


What I find interesting about this adaptation is that it gives me the feeling that I can get closer to the character´s world, and it´s a good way to promote reading in young people because they what is good about graphic novels is that they are able to catch the attention of the reader easier than a novel because of its illustrations and its short dialogues.



For the ones who don´t really like novels, this is a good alternative to read this wonderful piece of art which includes the amazing story written by Jane Austen and the beautiful illustrations which make it more than recommended.



3 comentarios:

  1. You always come up with interesting things!...I didn't know about this and,as you said, I think it is a great way to call the attention of people who really don't like reading novels.
    Something valuable to mention is that the creator of this comic, Nancy Butler, maintains the essence of the real history.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. That looks really good! it seems to me that it is more engaging than just reading a novel, you have a point there, because it looks like a good way to make people get closer to classic literatura.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I didn't know about this comic! but I should have guessed it because I know that Marvel has a set of comics called Marvel Illustrated in which classic literature is made comic, there are titles like The Picture of Dorian Gray, Dracula and Moby Dick, but I had no idea that Pride and Prejudice was part of it, Thanks Samantha, I will definitely take a look at it.

    ResponderEliminar